Skip to content

GLT publisher: “Ralph Denney is full of it”

July 1, 2010 - 5:48 pm

Ralph Denney, a gay Republican running for the 76th state Assembly seat, earned a bunch of poos from our Turds & Blossoms column this week after he tried to pass off a casual survey on the Gay & Lesbian Times website as some sort of scientific poll.

He claimed the poll showed that the gay community supports him over his Democratic opponent, lesbian Toni Atkins, 53 to 47 percent.

This morning GLT publisher Michael Portantino set the queer record straight:

Ralph Denney is full of it. Trying to use our poll results, last week, as an indicator of his support in the community was just plain baseless. In one case we counted 46 votes for Denney from the same IP address. He obviously tried his hardest to influence the poll and try and fool everyone, especially you the community. Ralph Denny is a nobody, with zero community support. His list of accomplishments is ZERO compared to Toni Atkins.

For more vitriol and some Atkins adoration, click here.

7 Comments leave one →
  1. pistoleropete permalink
    July 1, 2010 - 6:25 pm 6:25 pm

The tree outside my window would be a better candidate than Toni Atkins…

2. pistoleropete permalink
    July 1, 2010 - 9:46 pm 9:46 pm

LOL! It took me a couple of seconds to get the joke. Then I remembered the article. I have no idea who Ralph is but as long as he’s not an incumbent, he’d get my vote. Gay. Straight. Into bestiality. Republican. Democrat. Er. Ok. Maybe not if he was a democrat. Then again, as I think about it, I never really understood Log Cabin Republicans. Isn’t that like fucking for chastity?

• July 1, 2010 - 11:58 pm 11:58 pm

Neither candidate is an incumbent. Lori Saldana is the out-going Assembly member.

• pistoleropete permalink
        July 2, 2010 - 12:41 am 12:41 am

Oh the choices. I guess it’s a good thing I can’t vote for either. Seeing as Toni is the more familiar face, I’m sure she’ll tie up this election with a nice, pretty bow.

• July 2, 2010 - 12:54 am 12:54 am

The familiar face might help, but so does the fact that the District is bluer than a tree full of Na’vi.

• pistoleropete permalink